Wednesday, May 28, 2014

It's never too early to plan for Halloween!

My husband has been waiting his entire life to finally have a house of his own that he can decorate for Halloween.  It took some time but after 11 years of marriage and moving all over the world he finally convinced me that Halloween is really where it's at as far as decorating is concerned. Last Halloween was our first Halloween in OUR house and it was amazing, all the years of talking about how when we had our own place we would build our own props and we could finally do it! We built a coffin like we had always wanted to do, we made a cage for our prisoner skeleton, some plywood tombstones and enlisted our neighbors to help us scare the crap out of the neighborhood kids. We had a blast! We had so much fun that only one picture was taken the whole night because we were too busy handing out candy and scaring people.

I did however, take some pictures of props as I finished them so here are a few.
 This was the house the morning of Halloween.
 This was our super simple cage for the skeleton.
This was a gravestone before I put the words on it.

Costumes are also important so here is my daughter in her costume and a picture of me with just my makeup on (I wore a santa suit and hat also).



This year those same neighbors are joining up with us to have the most epic Halloween ever. The plans have been made, the yard is mapped out and even though it's still only May construction starts now because we are even more ambitious this year. I have started on the huge 8 foot tree that will be in the front yard thanks to a great tutorial on Dead Spider. I have also started collecting dolls to paint, here is a preview:

No comments: