Sunday, March 20, 2011

This past weekend we headed downtown to the market square to pick up some fresh veggies for dinner, well, we didn't end up with any veggies but we did get some homemade jelly (which is delicious BTW). I love all the fresh fruits and veggies, flowers, eggs, jams and even honey they had. I actually had every intention of getting walking away with some fresh carrots and eggs but I decided to wait till after we walked around a little to buy them so the eggs wouldn't break. Well, as luck would have it we had to leave a little earlier than planned and I missed out. I'll try again on Tuesday though.

Right near where they set up the stalls for the market is the Rathaus (town hall) and I just had to take a picture to show you guys. This building was built in 1572. 





After walking around some more I decided to stop in to the liquor store, now not all liquor stores are like this one but this is definitely my favorite. They let you sample before you buy and they have tons of different kinds of liquors and wines. They have infused oils as well like rosemary infused olive oil, yum! You buy a bottle, there are many different sizes and shapes, some are plain and some are decorative. I bought a couple plain bottles a few weeks ago and when we finished the alcohol inside I just rinsed it out and then brought it back to fill up again. I went with Amaretto and Marzipan flavored liquor again, those seem to be my favorite but I've got my eye on an orange cream for next time. This is a picture of the wall of liquors.


I had to get a picture of the kids at the fountain, it was too pretty a day not to.


This is a pretty little water fountain near the market, it wasn't turned on but once it warms up I'll be sure to get another picture.


That was all the pictures from Saturday. I went to Bamberg last week but somehow I forgot my camera, I'm going to try to steal some pics from a friend to show you. I'm also going to Wurzburg in April so I won't forget my camera then.
Cheers!

No comments: